Friday, April 22, 2011

Pom Pom bookmarks

Today we are making pom poms.  LOL. Lots and lots of pom poms.  We are adding the pom poms to bookmarks for little handmade presents.  I found this little tool at the fabric store that makes making them really easy.  Love little tools don't you?

Well here we go...
The tool is a pom pom maker from clover.


This is the tool opened up...


After opening the tool up you wind the yarn around both arms.  (the arms are pink)


Then close the arms and cut down the groves on the arms.


 Here is what it looks like with the yarn cut.


Then you take a piece of yarn and tie around all the cut pieces of yarn.  (through the grove in the arms)


Tie tightly and then open up the arms.


Pull apart the two sides on the tool and pull out your untrimmed pom pom.  (it needs a haircut)


After a haircut it looks much better.


Here is one of our finished bookmarks and the clover pom pom tool.  [the bookmark is just cardstock cut into a rectangle and stamped.  Then lastly, a hole is punched at the top and the pom poms are added.  What can you make with pom poms?

Take care

6 comments:

  1. That is SO much faster than making them by hand!! What a neat little gadget. TFS, Dawn. I didn't such a thing existed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And they look so easy to make, that I think I could even make them myself. What does the little tool run for? And can you get it somewhere like Michaels or JoAnns? Love the idea of adding them to the bookmarks. What a adorable idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, it is available at Joann's for around $5 or $6 if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great tool. Love your bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to find this gadget!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for doing this Dawn. What a neat little tool and the pom poms look so cool. I guess next time I'm at JoAnns. LOL! A new toy. I love it. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I love hearing from you!